BIRD PROTECTION DEVICE – INSULATOR PROTECTING BARRIER
BPD–B – bird protection device of barrier type designed to protect glass or polymer insulators from dirt and bird feces (guano/waste). The device can be used separately or combined with other bird protection devices. For example, using BPD-B with bird protection perching deterrent (landing repellent) device BPD-S significantly increases the protection effect.
BPD–B mounts at the top connection point of suspended insulators or insulator strings. Therefore, it can be used at any type of suspended insulators, without reducing isolating features. BPD–B consists of 2 similar elements assembled becomes umbrella-like device with the central hole. It is made with weather-resistant materials.
Technical characteristics BPD-B:
- Placement category – outdoor (medium-cold climate area)
- Wind resistant – up to VII class, including.
- Ice resistant – up to VII class, including.
- Dimensions Ø 600 мм × 110 мм
- Central hole diameter Ø16±2 mm
- Lifetime – 40 years.